Personal information is important to us
We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of Personal Information that Trendy Rhino collects and holds
Personal information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to:
contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode; your social media handles and login details including usernames; location information; more detailed contact preferences; sensitive information about you; photographs of you; your occupation and information regarding your professional history and professional interests; information regarding your education and qualifications; information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you; financial details including your bank account details and PayPal details; your online behavior and interests based on your online browsing activity; information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services; information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website; information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website; your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
When you use a Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
How Trendy Rhino collects and holds personal information
Passive Information Collection
As with many commercial websites and mobile and tablet applications, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a Website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way. For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which Trendy Rhino collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our websites.
- To facilitate payments from you and to you via a payment channels.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products.
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To provide you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to our company (such as after sales services and enquiries).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to customer enquiries, complaints and complaints handling.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners, trusted brands and their related bodies corporate and agents, and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- If you are a business we trade with, to carry on our trading relationship with you including identifying and contacting you, invoicing your correctly, assessing the risks of providing credit to you or your business, and securing and recovering any debts owed to us.
- Any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Trendy Rhino in the circumstances.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Trendy Rhino group companies, Trendy Rhino promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas, including, but not limited to, New Zealand, the United States of America, the Philippines and the United Kingdom. Failure to provide personal information may result in Trendy Rhino being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming opportunity, promotion, event or product information and/or accept content and promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with Trendy Rhino group companies, selected service providers and their related bodies corporate, and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries which may include, but are not limited to, New Zealand, the United States of America, the Philippines and the United Kingdom. Trendy Rhino group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Trendy Rhino to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party other than Trendy Rhino or our relevant service provider. If you are a business we trade with, we may disclose your information to debt recovery agents or credit reporting bodies if necessary.
Contact by Trendy Rhino
Trendy Rhino group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), Trendy Rhino promotional partners and their related bodies corporate or trusted third parties (including users of a Collection Channel) and other selected service providers and other non-Trendy Rhino companies or professionals either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Trendy Rhino may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a Trendy Rhino client account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Trendy Rhino contract. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Trendy Rhino, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Your Right of Access
On a case by case basis Trendy Rhino may determine that it is not required to give an individual access to personal information to the extent that it is lawful for Trendy Rhino to do so. If such a determination is made then Trendy Rhino will provide you with a written notice. Where you are seeking information held on electronic file, or where you are seeking hard copies of personal information, we reserve the right to charge reasonable handling/ postage fees as appropriate. With some personal information that may be stored, for example where it is held on program tapes, it is not practical to provide this information to you without charging an appropriate fee as we deem reasonable in those circumstances.
Changing and Deleting the Information we have about you
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Trendy Rhino will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including, but not limited to, New Zealand, the United States of America, the Philippines and the United Kingdom.
Trendy Rhino and Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Trendy Rhino is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Trendy Rhino or any of its affiliates. Trendy Rhino is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Problems or Queries
The Privacy Officer
Trendy Rhino Pty Ltd
102 Victoria Street
Carlton VIC 3068